hope Index du Forum

hope
Forum du RP Hope, géré par Guydark

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Milk and Digestive/other issues - a post I made at RP

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    hope Index du Forum -> hope -> RP
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Johneames

MessagePosté le: Mar 21 Nov - 07:30 (2017)    Sujet du message: Milk and Digestive/other issues - a post I made at RP Répondre en citant

Hi Everyone.

Just curious about this possibility, since I hear a lot of people praising and complaining about milk. I stopped drinking more than a small amount in my coffee because I noticed I was just getting fatter and feeling worse. Which leads me to this - which I posted at the Ray Peat Forum, looking for some solid experience and answers.
My German friend moved to the US about 6 years ago and said that she has been suffering from massive digestive problems ever since - she loves milk and would drink it all the time, especially whole milk. She said that she never suffered digestive problems in Germany and that when she goes back to Europe, she can drink milk and eat dairy without any troubles at all. Then, someone told her it might be that she was allergic to our milk, since the majority of it comes from Holstein cows. So she stopped drinking milk made here in the US and her digestive issues stopped. She's currently on the lookout for Jersey cow milk, as that's suppose to be better suited for people. But it's not easy to come across unless you live near farms.
I guess there is an A1 protein in the Holstein breed's milk that can be difficult for many people to digest. My husband has said that most of his family members have stopped drinking milk due to digestive problems. I notice sensitivity to any diary product that is not hard cheese. I may not have noticed it previously, but when I was trying to drink more milk, it always made me feel off (lots of bloating and water retention) - I have digestive issues with many things, so I just attributed it to general digestive problems, but they've gotten worse the more dairy I've added back into my diet. Now I restrict my dairy intake to milk or cream in coffee and hard cheese. Switching to hard cheeses has actually allowed me to still get good calcium without feeling awful. Apparently cheese & butter are not as problematic as milk or yogurt.
Any thoughts? I've currently switched to goats' milk for awhile to see how it goes, now that I'm not longer restricting my fat intake (full fat goats' milk has more calcium than low fat). I'm also going to try out Jersey cow milk and see if it's better, but it seems any cows' milk has a higher likelihood of being A1 casein. Part of the reason I've been testing this out is that I get the worst reactions to cottage cheese (which is pure casein) - even if I buy the organic stuff without carrageenan.
What are your thoughts on this? Here is another article about this subject on Mother Jones: http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2014/03/a1-milk-a2-milk-america
Has anyone here switched to goats' or other milk and had better luck? As I said, I no longer drink tons of milk, but this whole topic has caused me to consider giving up all Holstein dairy entirely, with the exception of hard cheeses and butter. There is a French guy on RP Forum who has investigated this a lot and he told me he switched to Goats' milk and feels great.
Also, notice some of the reactions to this A1 protein - such as eczema and asthma. Skin reactions related to milk could be entirely related to the wrong kind of milk.
If you are interested in more literature on this subject, there is this book:

This is kind of a big deal for anyone who had jumped on board with the RP mentality of milk - it could be the larger explaining factor of why so many people do so terribly when they start drinking lots of milk. I have noticed great improvements in my bone and tooth strength (not to mention muscle gain), so I think dairy is very important, but only if it's the right kind of dairy - which is why I shifted to cheese and cream in my milk (more recently).

Thanks!

for more check:
infographic examples

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 21 Nov - 07:30 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    hope Index du Forum -> hope -> RP Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation